(Senior) Software Engineer - Java/Spring (f/m/div)
finleap connect GmbH is a joint force of finleap companies, offering a full range of leading fintech solutions to financial institutions across Europe. We cater to clients’ requirements, from stand-alone microproducts to all-in-one solutions, we ensure that all levels of digital maturity are covered by our services. Our focus now lies on growth internationally, with experienced fintech experts in France, Italy, and Spain leading the charge.
As a Software Engineer at finleap connect, you will work on a small SCRUM team to drive the development of feature-complete product increments. There are still new product lines to be built completely from scratch, and you will get to be a big part of an experienced team with a very broad impact, with visibility throughout the organization and a significant opportunity to take ownership.
What will keep you challenged?
- Becoming comfortable with our tools and processes by partnering with a member of your team to ramp up effectively
- Consulting with internal stakeholders in Product and Operations on best practices and internal standards
- Cutting code and taking ownership of a minor feature release or a bug fix
- Taking ownership and more significant, longer term, or large-scale projects and delivering solutions
- Taking a role at building tools or processes that make the whole team more efficient and effective
- Thriving for pragmatic perfection, paying attention to the details of security, scalability, performance and fault-tolerance
- Participating in discussion around design and architecture of our platform; advocating for particular technologies or processes that would have impact across the organization.
What will make you succeed?
- Great engineering skills, strong CS fundamentals, and elegance in your work
- Current expertise in Java 8+, Spring (boot) framework and enthusiasm to learn others.
- A strong sense of long term ownership of the work you do and believe in doing things the right way for the right reasons
- A fanatical pursuit of quality with a strong appreciation for the connection between the software you build and the experience it delivers to customers
- An innovative and fast learner, versatile in team environment, and battle-tested in cloud scale systems.
Why finleap connect?
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you'll be working with a diverse workforce of 50+ nationalities.
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way. You'll be joining a friendly and supportive People & Organization team.
- Think we can do better? We're all ears! A creative and progressive work environment is guaranteed - we're in the business of disruption!
- You'll be joining a major player in Berlin's famous start-up scene... and we're only just getting started.