(Senior) Ruby on Rails Engineer (f/m/div)
finleap connect GmbH is a joint force of finleap companies, offering a full range of leading fintech solutions to financial institutions across Europe. We cater to clients’ requirements, from stand-alone microproducts to all-in-one solutions, we ensure that all levels of digital maturity are covered by our services. Our focus now lies on growth internationally, with experienced fintech experts in France, Italy, and Spain leading the charge.
Ruby on Rails Engineers at finleap connect are able to bridge the gap between the Engineering and Operations teams. They are responsible for setting up and managing project development and test environments as well as the software configuration management processes for the entire application development lifecycle.
What will keep you challenged?
- Become comfortable with our tools, documentation and processes by partnering with a member of your team to ramp up effectively
- Consult with internal stakeholders in product and Operations on best practices and internal standards
- Cut code and take ownership of a feature release or a bug fix.
- Take ownership and more significant, longer term, or large-scale projects and deliver solutions
- Take a role at building tools or processes that make the whole team more efficient and effective
- Thrive for pragmatic perfection, paying attention to the details of security, scalability, performance and fault-tolerance
- Participate in discussion around design and architecture of the platform; advocate for particular technologies or processes that would have impact across the organization.
What will make you succeed?
- Great engineering skills, strong CS fundamentals, and elegance in your work
- Current expertise in Ruby, Rails framework and enthusiasm to learn others like Java 8 and up, Python, Node.js
- A strong sense of long term ownership of the work you do and believe in doing things the right way for the right reasons
- A pursuit of quality with a strong appreciation for the connection between the software you build and the experience it delivers to customers
- An innovative and fast learner, versatile in team environment, and battle-tested in cloud scale systems.
Our Tech stack for API Platform building:
finleap connect engineering team is a cross-functional Agile (Scrum) team. Tasks are driven by clearly defined goals and their business value. Our team includes technical product managers, and software and QA engineers. Our mode of operation allows us to integrate internal and remote engineering teams smoothly.
We serve both internal and external customers. Our technology is based on Ruby on Rails stack - and supported by many Java related services. Our databases are powered by MongoDB, Elasticsearch and Redis and many of our interfaces use ReactJS or AngularJS. We have a microservices oriented architecture, use Git as source control, have a continuous integration pipeline with Travis CI. Our software runs in docker containers and is deployed with Ansible and we will shift to Kubernetes in the near future.
Why finleap connect?
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you'll be working with a diverse workforce of 50+ nationalities.
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way. You'll be joining a friendly and supportive Tech team.
- Think we can do better? We're all ears! A creative and progressive work environment is guaranteed - we're in the business of disruption!
- You'll be joining a major player in Berlin's famous start-up scene... and we're only just getting started.