Senior Java Engineer (f/m/div)
finleap connect GmbH is a joint force of finleap companies, offering a full range of leading fintech solutions to financial institutions across Europe. We cater to clients’ requirements, from stand-alone microproducts to all-in-one solutions, we ensure that all levels of digital maturity are covered by our services. Our focus now lies on growth internationally, with experienced fintech experts in France, Italy, and Spain leading the charge.
Become a tech pioneer in SME finance by joining our senior Software Engineering team in Berlin! Help in the development of our Platform at the cutting-edge of platform technology; scalable, modular and fully configurable solution with an external development portal. Our ideal candidate is passionate about Backend engineering and wants to work with senior expert peers.
What will keep you challenged?
- Great engineering skills, strong CS fundamentals, and elegance in your work
- Working with cutting-edge technologies in an agile environment
- Consulting with internal stakeholders in Product and Operations on best practices and internal standards
- Searching for the best ways to develop and ship new ideas
- Working on the API development with external providers and manage complex integrations
- Understanding patterns of microservices architecture and applying them successfully
- Taking ownership of important components and continuously working to improve them
- Taking a role at building tools or processes that make the whole team more efficient and effective
- Thriving for pragmatic perfection, paying attention to the details of security, scalability, performance and fault-tolerance
- Participating in discussion around design and architecture of our platform; advocating for particular technologies or processes that would impact across the organization.
Our tech stack:
Java 8+, Spring (Boot, DI, MVC, Cloud), Postgresql, Mysql, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, Docker, Microservices, AWS (EC2, ECS, SQS, RDS, Lambda, Cloudwatch, Cloudfront, AmazonMQ), TravisCI/CircleCI, Ansible, Terraform
What will make you succeed?
- Multiple years of experience in backend Java development
- A keen interest in researching and applying new technologies
- Ability to build RESTful APIs
- Experience with data processing technologies
- Continuous deployment and delivery
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Familiarity with test frameworks and are used to testing while coding
- Exposure to different cloud providers and their products
- A keen eye on security in your implementations
- Proactive in sharing knowledge with your team and contributing to solutions in a team setting
- A strong sense of long term ownership of the work you do and believe in doing things the right way for the right reasons
- Excellent communication skills in English
Why finleap connect?
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you'll be working with a diverse workforce of 50+ nationalities.
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way. You'll be joining a friendly and supportive Engineering team.
- Think we can do better? We're all ears! A creative and progressive work environment is guaranteed - we're in the business of disruption!
- You'll be joining a major player in Berlin's famous start-up scene... and we're only just getting started.