Senior Data Warehouse / ETL Engineer (f/m/div)
finleap connect GmbH is a joint force of finleap companies, offering a full range of leading fintech solutions to financial institutions across Europe. We cater to clients’ requirements, from stand-alone microproducts to all-in-one solutions, we ensure that all levels of digital maturity are covered by our services. Our focus now lies on growth internationally, with experienced fintech experts in France, Italy, and Spain leading the charge.
That’s why we’re looking for an experienced Senior Business Intelligence Developer to support our Commercial Excellence and Business Intelligence Team.
Ready for a diverse and exciting challenge building finleap connect? Join us and see your energy and ideas convert into our best in class teams as we reshape finance together!
What will keep you challenged?
- Designing and building a DWH from scratch.
- Designing and building solutions to extract data from several sources (NoSQL DBs, REST APIs, Relation Databases, etc.).
- Elaborating a plan for the data transformation as well as for the optimal dimensional modeling for our use case(s).
- Monitoring ETL jobs and avoid down times.
- Database Maintenance & Optimization.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of reports & dashboards.
- Evaluating and improve existing BI systems.
- Collaborating with teams to integrate systems (through several methods, e.g. REST services, ETL jobs, etc.).
- Developing and updating technical documentation.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Communicating with team members to assess progress of deliverables.
What will make you succeed?
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist.
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL tools (Extract, transform, load - e.g. Pentaho Data Integration, Talend DI, etc.).
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Tableau, SSRS, Oracle BI).
- Highly experienced with SQL & Database Administration.
- Demonstrated experience in PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MySQL.
- Demonstrated experience in MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Proven experience with Python.
- Proven experience working with JSON and Message Queues, like RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, SQS, etc.
- Proven experience working with REST APIs - both for calling an endpoint as well as creating endpoints.
- Machine Learning experience is a big plus.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
- Collaborative, team player, positive attitude.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills in English, German is a plus
Why finleap connect?
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you'll be working with a diverse workforce of 50+ nationalities
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way. You'll be joining a friendly and supportive Commercial Excellence and Business Intelligence team
- Think we can do better? We're all ears! A creative and progressive work environment is guaranteed - we're in the business of disruption!
- You'll be joining a major player in Berlin's famous start-up scene... and we're only just getting started!