Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/div) Milan
finleap connect GmbH is a joint force of finleap companies, offering a full range of leading fintech solutions to financial institutions across Europe. We cater to clients’ requirements, from stand-alone microproducts to all-in-one solutions, we ensure that all levels of digital maturity are covered by our services. Our focus now lies on growth internationally, with experienced fintech experts in France, Italy, and Spain leading the charge.
This position will be based in our Milan office and you will be involved in the first stages of a new business idea generation.
What will keep you challenged?
- Great engineering skills, strong CS fundamentals, and elegance in your work
- Working with cutting-edge technologies in an agile environment
- Consulting with internal stakeholders in Product and Operations on best practices and internal standards
- Searching for the best ways to develop and ship new ideas
- Working on the API development with external providers and manage complex integrations
- Understanding patterns of microservices architecture and applying them successfully
- Taking ownership of important components and continuously working to improve them
- Taking a role at building tools or processes that make the whole team more efficient and effective
- Thriving for pragmatic perfection, paying attention to the details of security, scalability, performance and fault-tolerance
- Participating in discussion around design and architecture of our platform; advocating for particular technologies or processes that would impact across the organization.
What will make you succeed?
- Strong expertise with SQL and NOSql databases
- Deep knowledge of REST architectures and design patterns
- Experience with Docker and containers
- Knowledge of AWS ecosystem and DevOps best practices
- Experience with Git and code reviewing (your contribution to open source communities will be really welcome)
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience and knowledge of Python
- Code profiling and tracing practices and tools
- Using or designing systems for log management, metrics, and alerting
- Setup and configuration of complete CI/CD cycle
- Previous experiences
- Our ideal candidate has experience in the development of a greenfield project, microservices, and has ideally worked on the transition from monolith to microservices architecture
Why finleap connect?
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you'll be working with a diverse workforce of 50+ nationalities.
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way. You'll be joining a friendly and supportive Engineering team.
- Think we can do better? We're all ears! A creative and progressive work environment is guaranteed - we're in the business of disruption!