(Senior) Backend Developer - Data Services (f/m/div)
finleap connect GmbH is a joint force of finleap companies, offering a full range of leading fintech solutions to financial institutions across Europe. We cater to clients’ requirements, from stand-alone microproducts to all-in-one solutions, we ensure that all levels of digital maturity are covered by our services. Our focus lies on the international growth, with experienced fintech experts in France, Italy, and Spain leading the charge.
We are now looking for a qualified professional to work on a greenfield Analytics Product in our new Data Services vertical. The Data Service vertical is building solutions to facilitate the data of finleap connect's financial products and make them accessible to our customer.
What will keep you challenged?
- Working with cutting-edge technologies in an agile environment
- Consulting with internal stakeholders in Product and Operations on best practices and internal standards
- Searching for the best ways to develop and ship new ideas
- Working on developing our Data Services area, going deep into the use of Data Analytics to improve our existing products and services.
- Understanding patterns of microservices' architecture and applying them successfully
- Taking a role at building the Data Services team and developing processes to make the area and team more efficient and effective
- Thriving for pragmatic perfection, paying attention to the details of security, scalability, performance and fault-tolerance
- Participating in discussion around design and architecture of our platform; advocating for particular technologies or processes that would have an impact across the organization.
Our tech stack:
bash, OpenAPI 3.0, Markdown, JSON, XML, HTTP
Although this is in our tech stack it's more about what we want you to be knowledgeable about. Some good examples are:
- work with java profilers
- write docker files
- Linux knowledge (enough to run software on it)
- instrument code instead of relying on printf debugging
What will make you succeed?
- Great engineering skills, strong CS fundamentals, and elegance in your work
- Multiple years of experience in backend Java development
- Deep interest and passion about everything Data-related, previous experience with Data Analytics is a big plus for this role!
- As we're using #boringtech for this one and betting on battle-tested tech (not the latest beta projects) we need someone who understands this approach and is onboard with it!
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL database technologies, Elaticsearch experience also grants you bonus points with us
- Familiarity with test frameworks and being used to testing while coding
- A keen eye on security in your implementations
- Proactivity in sharing knowledge with your team and contributing to solutions in a team setting
- A strong sense of long term ownership of the work you do and believe in doing things the right way for the right reasons
- Excellent communication skills in English is a must-have!
Why finleap connect?
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you'll be working with a diverse workforce of 30+ nationalities.
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way. You'll be joining a friendly and supportive Engineering team.
- Think we can do better? We're all ears! A creative and progressive work environment is guaranteed - we're in the business of disruption!
- You'll be joining a major player in Berlin's famous start-up scene... and we're only just getting started.
Sounds like the kind of challenge you are looking for? Apply here and let's talk more about it!