Python Engineer (f/m/div)
finleap connect GmbH is a joint force of finleap companies, offering a full range of leading fintech solutions to financial institutions across Europe. We cater to clients’ requirements, from stand-alone microproducts to all-in-one solutions, we ensure that all levels of digital maturity are covered by our services. Our focus now lies on growth internationally, with experienced fintech experts in France, Italy, and Spain leading the charge.
As a Python Engineer at finleap connect, you are responsible for further development of the stack aligned with the product department. This includes feature development, the architecture of new components and general resource planning.
What will keep you challenged?
- Helping to develop secure and scalable software
- Making key design and implementation decisions for our platform
- Writing clean, dynamic code using best software development practices
- Engaging with 3rd party developers
- Becoming comfortable with our tools, documentation and processes by partnering with a member of your team to ramp up effectively
- Consulting with internal stakeholders in product and Operations on best practices and internal standards
- Cutting code and taking ownership of a feature release or a bug fix
- Taking ownership and more significant, longer term, or large-scale projects and deliver solutions
- Thriving for pragmatic perfection, paying attention to the details of security, scalability, performance and fault-tolerance
- Participating in discussion around design and architecture of the platform; advocating for particular technologies or processes that would have impact across the organization
What will make you succeed?
- 4+ years of work experience in backend development with python
- Knowledge of SQL databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite
- Expertise in test automation
- Excellent knowledge of web-based and network security best practices
- Expertise in infrastructure management, deployment and monitoring is a plus
- Hands-on approach in analysing existing and write new code
- Experience in designing and building API’s is desirable
- Experience with database encryption is desirable
- Experience with Haskell or any functional language is desirably
- Familiarity working with Messaging Queues and Key Value stores is desirable
Our Tech stack for API Platform building:
finleap connect engineering team is a cross-functional Agile (Scrum) team. Tasks are driven by clearly defined goals and their business value. Our team includes technical product managers, and software and QA engineers. Our mode of operation allows us to integrate internal and remote engineering teams smoothly.
Why finleap connect?
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you'll be working with a diverse workforce of 50+ nationalities.
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way. You'll be joining a friendly and supportive Tech team.
- Think we can do better? We're all ears! A creative and progressive work environment is guaranteed - we're in the business of disruption!
- You'll be joining a major player in the Fintech scene... and we're only just getting started.