Platform Engineer (f/m/div)
finleap connect GmbH is a joint force of finleap companies, offering a full range of leading fintech solutions to financial institutions across Europe. We cater to clients’ requirements, from stand-alone microproducts to all-in-one solutions, we ensure that all levels of digital maturity are covered by our services. Our focus now lies on growth internationally, with experienced fintech experts in France, Italy, and Spain leading the charge.
That’s why we’re looking for an experienced Senior Platform Engineer to help us to extend our state-of-the-art bare-metal container platform based on Kubernetes.
Ready for a diverse and exciting challenge building finleap connect? Join us as a Senior Platform Engineer and see your energy and ideas convert into our best in class teams as we reshape finance together!
What will keep you challenged?
- As a part of an agile platform team, you will build new cloud-native services to accommodate and optimize the development workflow
- You will utilize the leading edge of open-source projects to extend and enhance our platform
- Every solution you create meets highest security standards
- Design and implementation of reliable and highly automated deployment/integration processes and tools to be used by our many development teams.
- You continuously work to improve the monitoring and alerting of our platform components to proactively detect issues before they become problems.
- You support the development teams to optimize their workflows and platform usage
- Keeping the system elegant, reaching for simplicity and ease of use for our development teams
What will make you succeed?
- Knowledge in Linux system administration, Git version control,
- 3+ years of professional experience with Linux in virtualized or containerized environments: Bare-Metal Kubernetes, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure or the likes
- Deep understanding of distributed systems. CAP and the eight fallacies are fully internalized.
- Working knowledge of distributed applications like cluster managers, distributed databases and message queues as well as Containerized Applications, big plus if run via Kubernetes
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Python
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Salt
- Experience with Agile Development and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience managing alerting and monitoring systems, like ELK, Prometheus, Grafana and Alertmanager
- Ability to setup and manage CI/CD pipeline, prior experience with GitLab CI or similar is a plus
- Working knowledge of databases
- Knowledge in IT Security is a big plus: SSL, cloud security, encryption
- Contributions to open-source projects and CNCF projects specifically are a big plus (but not a must!)
- Very good English conversation skills; German skills are a plus
Why finleap connect?
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you'll be working with a diverse workforce of 50+ nationalities
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way. You'll be joining a friendly and supportive platform team
- Think we can do better? We're all ears! A creative and progressive work environment is guaranteed - we're in the business of disruption!