Legal & Operational Risk Manager (f/m/div) Hamburg or Berlin
finleap connect GmbH is a joint force of finleap companies, offering a full range of leading fintech solutions to financial institutions across Europe. We cater to clients’ requirements, from stand-alone microproducts to all-in-one solutions, we ensure that all levels of digital maturity are covered by our services. Our focus now lies on growth internationally, with experienced fintech experts in France, Italy, and Spain leading the charge. We were the first PSD2-licensed account information and payment initiation service provider in Germany and that Compliance is part of our DNA and USP.
We are looking for an experienced Legal & Operational Risk Manager to help us to facilitate our Legal Operation as well as our Operational Risk Management. Ready for a diverse and exciting challenge building finleap connect? Join us and see your energy and ideas convert into our best in class teams as we reshape finance together!
What will keep you challenged?
- Interest and understanding for Tech Products and fast knowledge owner of our product catalog
- Understanding complex product and project offerings for high-profile customers in the context of financial technology and translating them into legal frameworks
- Preparing according contracts, reviewing contracts, leading contract negotiations with customers and vendors
- Managing our standardised product legal setup in a regulated environment
- Monitoring and Management of finleap connect's customer-SLAs
- Supporting customer's Vendor Risk Management Requests in close cooperation with our Customer Success Management
- Reporting to the Managing Director/ Chief Risk Officer regarding Legal and Operational Risks, incl. SLA Monitoring
- Operating, maintaining and constantly improving our Governance & Operational Risks Policy
- Aligning the Operational Risk approach with our overall risk situation and integrating it into finleap connect’s overall Governance & Risk management processes
- Managing the operational risk management framework with appropriate mitigation measures and control mechanisms esp. regarding the payment services finleap connect provides and including the implementation of own 2nd Level Control Measures
- Deriving new strategic risk minimising goals and adapting the risk management framework if necessary
- Proactive and professional maintenance of the Legal Risk Inventory and our Loss Database
- Management of the finleap connect Risk Landscape and preparation of Risk Management Monthly Meetings of Top Management and according Management Decisions
- Adding to our Compliance culture: Developing creative Staff Training and Awareness Measures - further promote Compliance as a Team Sport and USP of our Company
- Managing Internal and External Auditor Requests in the context of your tasks
What will make you succeed?
- A University degree in law or business law
- About 5-7 years prof experience in Compliance, Operational Risk Management and or Legal at a Bank, Payment Institution, FinTech or Consultancy for the financial services industry.
Must have: German AND English, fluent
- Your two main core competencies are Legal and Risk Management (you must not have worked in both fields, but maybe have studied law and lately worked in Compliance or Risk Management)
- In-depth knowledge of the German Civil Law as well as the Payment Services Supervision Act (Zahlungsdiensteaufsichtsgesetz: ZAG) or the German Banking Act (Kreditwesengesetz: KWG)
- Pragmatism and solution orientation as well as not being afraid of changes
- Being a self-starter and enabling others to act
- Strong empathy for hurdles, worries and pressure of our customers and colleagues
- Driver of innovation also for your own job tasks (you consider yourself to be as an automation seeker instead of a copy and checkbox typist)
- Interest in FinTech / Technology
- Experience in change management is a plus
Why finleap connect?
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you will be working with a diverse workforce of 50+ nationalities
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way. You will be joining a highly-motivated and supportive Legal, Risk & Compliance team
- Think we can do better? We are all ears! A creative and progressive work environment is guaranteed - we are in the business of disruption!