Legal & Compliance Manager (f/m/div)
finleap connect GmbH is a joint force of finleap companies, offering a full range of leading fintech solutions to financial institutions across Europe. We cater to clients’ requirements, from stand-alone microproducts to all-in-one solutions, we ensure that all levels of digital maturity are covered by our services. Our focus now lies on growth internationally, with experienced fintech experts in France, Italy, and Spain leading the charge. We were the first PSD2-licensed account information and payment initiation service provider in Germany and that Compliance is part of our DNA/ USP.
That’s why we’re looking for an experienced Legal & Compliance Manager to help us to facilitate environment for Risk Management & Governance. Ready for a diverse and exciting challenge building finleap connect? Join us as a Legal & Compliance Manager and see your energy and ideas convert into our best in class teams as we reshape finance together!
What will keep you challenged?
- Contact for internal and external requests on compliance
- Managing operational and security risk management framework with appropriate mitigation measures and control mechanisms esp. regarding the payment services finleap connect provides.
- Focusing on how finleap connect takes security measures to mitigate operational and security risks and how this process is fully integrated into finleap connect’s overall risk management processes
- Aligning finleap connect's Risk Strategy on the overall risk situation.
- Applying the security objectives and strategic principles of the overall Risk Management Framework and according operational tools to Governance & Operational Risks
- Assuring all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitors compliance with laws and regulations
- Managing Internal and External Auditor Requests
- Implementing and operating the Governance & Operational Risks controls and risk minimising measures (carries out 2nd level control activities and reports on results) and building a policy
- Maintaining a legal risk inventory and a loss database
- Preparing Risk Management Monthly Meetings of Top Management including Management Decisions
- Deriving new strategic risk minimising goals and adapting the risk management framework if necessary
- Monitoring and Management of finleap connect's customer-SLAs
- Managing Customer's Vendor Risk Management Requests
What will make you succeed?
- A University degree in law or business law
- About 5-7 years prof experience in Compliance, Risk Management and or Legal at a Bank, Payment Institution, FinTech or Consultancy for the financial services industry.
- German: fluent, must have
- Two main core competencies: Compliance and Legal (he/she must not have worked in both fields, but maybe has studied law and now works in Compliance)
- In-depth knowledge of the German Payment Services Supervision Act (Zahlungsdiensteaufsichtsgesetz: ZAG) or the German Banking Act (Kreditwesengesetz: KWG)
- Experience in change management
- Interest in FinTech / Technology
- Pragmatism and solution orientation as well as not being afraid of changes
- Being a self-starter and enabling others to act
Why finleap connect?
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you'll be working with a diverse workforce of 50+ nationalities
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way. You'll be joining a highly-motivated and supportive Legal, RIsk & Compliance team
- Think we can do better? We're all ears! A creative and progressive work environment is guaranteed - we're in the business of disruption!